The Aaron Finch-led Australian cricket team had a full-length training session at the Rajiv Gandhi Stadium here on Wednesday evening. Coach Justin Langer, batting coach Graeme Hick, and spin consultant and former India left-arm spinner S. Sriram monitored the sessions at the main stadium and also at the nets outside the venue.
The Aussies are in the city for practice sessions for three days before flying to Visakhapatnam for the first T20 International on February 24.
Read | Don't go overboard with left-arm pacers, says Zaheer Khan
From the pattern of training, especially in batting, the emphasis seemed to be more on tackling spin as both Nathan Lyon, the off-spinner, and Adam Zampa, the leg-spinner, bowled long spells. Even Sriram was seen rolling his arm over. Hard-hitting batsman Glenn Maxwell was seen playing the big strokes and was often seen trying to play the scoop behind the stumps off both pace and spin.
There was no media interaction on Wednesday as the Aussies were determined to have a long session.
Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA) curator Y. L. Chandrasekhar and his team of groundstaff have ensured that the best practice facilities are in place for the visiting team.
Latest on Sportstar
- Namibia beats Karnataka in second one-dayer, levels series 1-1
- Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao; La Liga LIVE: Courtois saves an early penalty; stalemate continues; RMA 0-0 ATH
- Formula 1: Hamilton hails ‘mega job’ by Mercedes, focussed on next year
- England spinner Jack Leach ruled out of Ashes 2023
- ISSF Junior World Cup: Gautami Bhanot, Abhinav Shaw win 10m air rifle mixed gold