Stand-in captain Rohit Sharma will become the first Indian player and second in world cricket to complete 100 T20 Internationals when he takes the field in the second match against Bangladesh here on Thursday.
Shoaib Malik (111 games) from Pakistan is the only player to have played more than 100 T20 Internationals. Rohit had earlier surpassed Virat Kohli’s record to become the highest run-getter in the T20I format of the game.
Rohit's knock of nine runs in the first T20I against Bangladesh at the Arun Jaitley stadium, took his run tally to 2,452 runs, two runs ahead of Kohli’s total.
Rohit also became the most capped player for India in the shortest format of the game. He has now played 99 matches for the Men in Blue, breaking M. S. Dhoni’s record of 98 appearances.
Latest on Sportstar
- Djokovic reaches French Open semifinals, awaits winner of Alcaraz vs Tsitsipas
- Miyu Kato loses women’s doubles money for accidentally hitting ball kid
- French Open 2023 Live Updates: Djokovic beats Khachanov, Alcaraz vs Tsitsipas in Roland-Garros quarterfinals
- Maharashtra Premier League Auction 2023: Nauman Shaikh most expensive player at Rs 6 lakh
- WTC final 2023: Kishan or Bharat as India wicketkeeper? Farokh Engineer weighs in