India fast bowler T. Natarajan has been released from the Tamil Nadu squad for the Vijay Hazare Trophy as the BCCI wants him to stay fresh for the limited-overs series against England next month, a top TNCA official said on Thursday.
“The BCCI and the Indian team management wanted Natarajan to be fresh for the white-ball leg of the series against England. Keeping the Indian team’s interests in mind we said yes,” Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA) secretary R. S. Ramasaamy told PTI .
R. S. Jaganath Sinivas will take Natarajan’s place in the 20-member squad which will leave for Indore on February 13.
Natarajan was earlier included in a 20-man Tamil Nadu squad for the 50-over tournament beginning February 20. Tamil Nadu had recently won the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy in Ahmedabad.
ALSO READ | Unadkat to lead Saurashtra
The first of the five T20 Internationals against England will be played on March 12 in Ahmedabad while the first ODI will take place in Pune on March 23.
The Tamil Nadu chief of selectors S. Vasudevan said Natarajan had been released from the Vijay Hazare Trophy squad.
Natarajan had become the first Indian cricketer to make his international debut across all three formats during the tour of Australia. He played in the series-clinching Brisbane Test after making his maiden T20I and ODI appearances earlier on the tour.
WATCH: CD Gopinath, the only surviving member of India's first-ever Test win in 1952 against England in Chennai, relives the historic moment.
- Al Shabab vs Al Nassr highlights, SHB 2-3 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Talisca brace, Ronaldo strike guide Nassr to win and keep title race alive
- Saudi Pro League: Ronaldo scores milestone goal as Al Nassr edges Al Shabab to keep title race alive
- WPL 2024: Gujarat Giants stumbles to five-wicket loss against Mumbai Indians in low-scoring encounter
- Serie A 2023-24: Late Rugani goal gives Juventus 3-2 win over Frosinone
- Carabao Cup final, CHE vs LIV: Van Dijk nets extra-time winner as Liverpool beats Chelsea