Hello and welcome to Sportstar’s HIGHLIGHTS of the first ODI between India and Zimbabwe from the Harare Sports Club in Harare on Thursday.
- India thrashed Zimbabwe by 10 wickets, chasing 190 in 30.5 overs without losing a wicket.
- Shubman Gill brought up his third ODI fifty off 51 balls and all three have come in the last four innings.
- Shikhar Dhawan brought up a 76-ball fifty, his third half-century in the last four ODI innings.
- Deepak Chahar took three for 27 in seven overs on his return from injury after six months.
- Zimbabwe’s Brad Evans and Richard Ngarava paired for a defiant rearguard, adding 70 runs for the ninth wicket.
- KL Rahul is leading India after being out of international cricketing action since February due to injury.
- India’s last defeat against Zimbabwe in an ODI came in June 2010.
There’s a minute’s silence in memory of the late Rudi Koertzen. We are all set for action to begin.
TOSS UPDATE: Rahul has won the toss and India will bowl first.
India (Playing 11): Shikhar Dhawan, Shubman Gill, Ishan Kishan, KL Rahul(c), Deepak Hooda, Sanju Samson(w), Axar Patel, Deepak Chahar, Kuldeep Yadav, Prasidh Krishna, Mohammed Siraj
Zimbabwe (Playing 11): Tadiwanashe Marumani, Innocent Kaia, Sean Williams, Wessly Madhevere, Sikandar Raza, Regis Chakabva (c & wk), Ryan Burl, Luke Jongwe, Bradley Evans, Victor Nyauchi, Richard Ngarava
India begins its tour of Zimbabwe with the first One-Day-International of the three-match series on Thursday at the Harare Sports Club in Harare. All three matches will take place at the same venue.
The series will mark the return of KL Rahul, who will lead India against Zimbabwe, and pacer Deepak Chahar. This will be Rahul's first competitive match since he underwent surgery and rehabilitation for his groin injury after the IPL eliminator in May.
Read full previewhere
Zimbabwe Squad: Regis Chakabva(w/c), Takudzwanashe Kaitano, Innocent Kaia, Wesley Madhevere, Sikandar Raza, Ryan Burl, Luke Jongwe, Milton Shumba, Donald Tiripano, Victor Nyauchi, Richard Ngarava, Brad Evans, Clive Madande, John Masara, Tadiwanashe Marumani, Tony Munyonga, Tanaka Chivanga
India Squad: Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul(c), Shubman Gill, Rahul Tripathi, Sanju Samson(w), Deepak Hooda, Axar Patel, Shardul Thakur, Avesh Khan, Mohammed Siraj, Kuldeep Yadav, Shahbaz Ahmed, Deepak Chahar, Ishan Kishan, Prasidh Krishna, Ruturaj Gaikwad
All you need to know
- Neeraj Chopra Diamond League finals LIVE updates: Javelin throw start list, event to start soon; streaming info
- Al Raed vs Al Nassr Highlights: ALR 1-3 NAS, Cristiano Ronaldo scores twice after Mane, Talisca in Saudi Pro League
- Cristiano Ronaldo scores again as Al Nassr beat Al Raed 3-1 in Saudi Pro League
- Neeraj Chopra, Diamond League Finals: Preview, 2023 results, start list, when and where to watch?
- Davis Cup Day 1: Nagal saves India blushes; Mukund retires from opening singles match