The Hyderabad High Court on Wednesday refused to stay the elections to Hyderabad Cricket Association. The election will go on as per schedule but the results will not be announced immediately.
Justice Kodandaram Challa was passing these interim orders in vacation court in a civil revision petition filed by John Manoj, contending that he is representing the Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA).
Apart from Bharat Cricket Club, the ad hoc committee headed by Prakash Chand Jain were shown as respondents.
The revision petitioner averred that the order of civil court directing the conducting of elections at interlocutory stage is not sustainable in law. The order of conducting election could not be passed like this.
The respondents informed the court that the same revision petitioner gave an undertaking to the High Court that they will conduct elections and now the elections cannot be opposed. The present election process is as per the orders of Justice Lodha Committee.
Justice Kodandaram said that at this stage election may not be stalled. He made it clear that the elections may go on but the results shall be kept in abeyance. The case will be listed again on January 18 after the Sankranthi vacations.
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test Day 2: Root century helps ENG reach 302/7 at end of day 1
- Inter Miami completes signing of midfielder Federico Redondo
- Barcelona has not given up hope of winning successive LaLiga titles, says coach Xavi
- Asian Cup-winning coach Lopez handed Qatar contract until 2026
- Leverkusen beats Mainz 2-1 to widen gap at top and set unbeaten record