Explosive Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) opener Chris Gayle has apologised to the fans for the franchise’s dismal performance in this edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
"I cannot be happy with my performance and with my team performance as well. It’s been disappointing,” Gayle said. The Jamaican batsman, who is known for his power and brute force, himself didn’t perform well as he scored just 152 runs in eight matches he played at a strike rate of 121.66, his second lowest in all IPL seasons.
"Apologies to the fans. We all are hurt. It’s amazing how they (fans) still come to stadium and support us. I hope to do better next year,” he added.
RCB have had a horror time in this season of the IPL. They have won just two games in their 13 matches so far and are languishing right at the bottom of the points table. The Virat Kohli—led side, who are already out of play—offs contention, will conclude their this year’s journey of the tournament on Sunday with a game against Delhi Daredevils.
- Hard-serving Ivo Karlovic officially announces his retirement from tennis
- World team table tennis c’ships: India men edge out Kazakhstan to enter Round of 16
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Take Bairstow out of firing line: Cook urges England to bench the out-of-form batter
- Royal Challengers Bangalore WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures