Former India captain Sourav Ganguly turned the clock backwards when he picked up the bat at a net session with Delhi Capitals on Thursday.
The 46-year-old, now an advisor with the IPL franchise, played his signature drives and cuts amid “old is gold” chants at the Feroz Shah Kotla.
DC assistant coach Mohammad Kaif collected the throws, while Ganguly — standing a little straighter than his usual stance — faced the deliveries. He didn’t miss any.
Ganguly has led Kolkata Knight Riders in the past, and has also been part of the now-defunct Pune Warriors India.
He has 1,349 IPL runs, including seven fifties, at a strike-rate of 106.80.
- R. Ashwin: The formidable match-winner enters the 500-wickets club
- WPL 2024: Struggling UP Warriorz aims comeback against dominant Mumbai Indians
- Sweden midfielder Olsson in hospital with brain condition, his Danish club says
- PKL 10 Semifinal 1, Puneri Paltan vs Patna Pirates: Road to semifinal, head-to-head, all you need to know
- Namibia’s Loftie-Eaton scores fastest-ever Men’s T20I century