K.L. Rahul slammed his maiden IPL century in Kings XI Punjab's match against Mumbai Indians at the Wankhede Stadium on Wednesday.
Rahul had missed out on a hundred in this fixture last year but made it count this time with a sublime knock at Mumbai's backyard.
After put in to bat, Chris Gayle and Rahul started the assault, putting on a 116-run stand for the first wicket to take KXIP to 197/4 in 20 overs.
READ| IPL 2019 live stats
Rahul had a slow start to this edition of the IPL with scores of 4 and 1, but turned it around with three fifties and now an unbeaten hundred off 64 balls, which included six boundaries and the same number of sixes.
Earlier in the day, he had deposed before BCCI's Ombudsman, Justice (retd.) D.K. Jain, responding to notice issued to him for his comments on a television show, earlier this year. In four days time, India's World Cup 15-member squad is to be picked and with this hundred he has made a strong case for a berth.
- WPL 2024: Struggling UP Warriorz eyes comeback against dominant Mumbai Indians
- WPL 2024: Mandhana, Renuka star as RCB beats Gujarat Giants by eight wickets
- Happy we could play to the merit of the ball: Deshpande after scripting history with Kotian in Ranji Trophy quarterfinal
- Shreyas Iyer included in Mumbai squad for Ranji Trophy semifinal
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Kotian, Deshpande script record-breaking feat against Baroda as Mumbai enters semis