Bengal batsman Manoj Tiwary, and fast bowlers Tushar Deshpande and Manpreet Singh Gony were among those participating in the trials for Delhi Capitals at the Eden Gardens here on Thursday.
The trials were being conducted to obtain at least two replacements; Harshal Patel, the fast bowler, has been ruled out with a hand fracture , and Manjot Kalra, the batsman, is likely to sit out the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Tiwary has been part of the IPL for all seasons barring the present one. He was not picked at the auction this time. He served as a commentator in the Bengali language when he was summoned for the trials. “Yes, I attended the trials. I felt that it went off well. I had a chat with [Capitals] advisor Sourav Ganguly and coach Ricky Ponting. I have not been officially told anything. Hoping for the best,” Tiwary told PTI .
If Tiwary makes the cut, he will replace the left-handed Kalra. Tiwary has played for the Delhi franchise on two separate occasions in the past, and for three other teams — Kolkata Knight Riders, Kings XI Punjab, and Rising Pune Supergiant.
J. Sucheeth, the Karnataka left-arm spinner, also attended the trials. If Capitals needs a replacement for Rahul Tewatia, whose fitness status isn’t very clear, Sucheeth may be in the fray.
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Marsh, Warner attack early after Australia opts to bat vs India
- Shooting LIVE Score Asian Games 2023: Anant eyes gold in men’s skeet final; Sift wins gold with WR, India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold
- Asian Games 2023, September 27 Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol, Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold with new WR; Shiva Thapa in action, tennis results
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India Men’s Doubles R-64, Manav Thakkar and Manush Shah in action
- Asian Games 2023: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol women’s final, Manu Bhaker finishes fifth