India and Royal Challengers Bangalore skipper Virat Kohli now holds the record for most runs by an Indian in T20 cricket, surpassing CSK's Suresh Raina's tally of 8145 runs.
It took Kohli 48 innings less than Raina to breach the milestone set by CSK's star batsman.
Only five players are now ahead of Kohli on this elite list - Chris Gayle, Brendon McCullum, Kieron Pollard, Shoaib Malik and David Warner.
However, Kohli boasts of a higher batting average than all of them.
On Saturday, Kohli and AB de Villiers gifted RCB its first points of the season after the duo managed to stitch together a crucial 85-run partnership against Kings XI Punjab at the IS Bindra Stadium in Mohali.
This is the tenth time that Kohli and de Villiers have managed to score in excess of 50 runs in the same innings. Out of these 10 matches, RCB has managed to register wins in seven.
- Hard-serving Ivo Karlovic officially announces his retirement from tennis
- World team table tennis c’ships: India men edge out Kazakhstan to enter Round of 16
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Take Bairstow out of firing line: Cook urges England to bench the out-of-form batter
- Royal Challengers Bangalore WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures