Shreyas Iyer, Yuzvendra Chahal, and David Warner are expected to be the top draws in the mega auction for the Indian Premier League.
As many as 1,214 players - 896 Indian and 318 overseas players - have registered for the auction, the BCCI announced on Saturday.
The 10 IPL teams are also likely to offer a high price for Shikhar Dhawan, Ishan Kishan, Shardul Thakur, Deepak Chahar, Harshal Patel, Avesh Khan, Rahul Chahar and Washington Sundar. These players are expected to attract anywhere between ₹7 to 15 crores (between USD 1 to 2 million).
Among foreign players, Warner, Kagiso Rabada, Mark Wood, Mitchell Marsh, Trent Boult, and Pat Cummins are expected to be the hot picks. Veterans Faf du Plessis and Dwayne Bravo could still keep their franchise Chennai Super Kings interested.
The two-day mega auction will be held in Bengaluru on February 12 and 13.
The big names to miss out are Ben Stokes, Jofra Archer, Mitchell Starc, Sam Curran and Chris Gayle.
First player registration from Bhutan
More than 200 players who have registered are capped international players, while 62 uncapped foreign players have also thrown their hat into the ring. An unnamed player from Bhutan has also registered while 14 cricketers from USA have signed up.
Australia tops the overseas list with 59 players, closely followed by South Africa (48 cricketers).
- Former champion Wozniacki handed Australian Open wildcard
- IPL auction 2024: Full list of squads, players after retention day
- Manchester United vs Chelsea: Top five Premier League clashes
- WATCH: Bangladesh’s Mushfiqur Rahim out obstructing the field in second Test against New Zealand
- Du Plessis hints at return to international cricket ahead of T20 World Cup