Harry Brook was signed by SRH for Rs 13.25 crore at the IPL auction in Kochi on Friday. Brook had entered the auction at a base price of Rs 1.5 crore.
There was a bidding war between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Rajasthan Royals initially before Sunrisers Hyderabad joined the bidding war. SRH and RR then kept raising the paddle as Brook’s worth crossed Rs 13 crore, at which point RR finally dropped out. RR only has Rs 13.2 crore in its purse.
Brook is the first millionaire of IPL 2023 auction. The 23-year-old made his T20I debut in 2022 against West Indies at Bridgetown. In 17 innings for England, Brook averages 26.57 at a strike rate of 137.77. He was also a part of Three Lions’ World Cup winning team in Australia.
This is the first time Brook will be part of the IPL.
- Socceroos to donate part of match fees to humanitarian efforts in Gaza
- FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers points table: CONMEBOL standings after Brazil and Argentina losses
- Teams that have won ODI Cricket World Cup without losing a single match
- Violent protests break out during Bulgaria-Hungary Euro qualifier, dozens injured
- Australia’s ‘happy association’ with knockouts continues but South Africa shows resilience in latest World Cup semis saga