Punjab Kings rewrote record books during the IPL 2023 auction as it purchased English all-rounder Sam Curran, Player of the Tournament at the T20 World Cup, for a record INR 18.5 crore. After splurging on Curran, Kings reined themselves in and bought only another five players, which included Zimbabwe all-rounder Sikandar Raza and Karnataka pacer Vidwath Kaverappa, who has turned heads in the Indian domestic white-ball circuit.
Curran will join the potent pace battery of Kagiso Rabada and Arshdeep Singh and also add firepower to an already explosive batting line-up.
PBKS PROBABLE PLAYING XI: Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Shikhar Dhawan (c), Jitesh Sharma (wk), Atharva Taide, Liam Livingstone, M. Shahrukh Khan, Sam Curran, Kagiso Rabada, Arshdeep Singh, Rahul Chahar, Harpreet Brar.
PBKS IPL 2023 SQUAD COMPOSITION
Wicketkeepers: Prabhsimran Singh, Jitesh Sharma.
Batters: Shikhar Dhawan, Bhanuka Rajapaksa (SL), M. Shahrukh Khan, Atharva Taide, Harpreet Bhatia.
All-rounders: Raj Bawa, Rishi Dhawan, Liam Livingstone (ENG), Sam Curran (ENG), Sikandar Raza (ZIM), Shivam Singh, Mohit Rathee, Matthew Short (AUS).
Bowlers: Arshdeep Singh, Baltej Singh, Rahul Chahar, Nathan Ellis (AUS), Harpreet Brar, Kagiso Rabada (SA), Vidwath Kaverappa.
Injured: Jonny Bairstow (ENG).
(Names in bold indicate players bought at IPL 2023 Auction)
- Live Score IND vs WI 2nd Test, Day 4: India sets West Indies 365-run target; Rain delays restart
- Hopman Cup: Croatia downs Switzerland to clinch title
- Jonas Vingegaard wins second successive Tour de France
- Wrestling trials for Asian Games: Upsets galore show past has little influence on the present
- Deodhar Trophy: Tournament favourite South Zone looks to open campaign on a high against North Zone