Chennai Super Kings has named Akash Singh as replacement for injured Mukesh Choudhary on Friday,
The four-time champion announced that Choudhary is recovering from a stress fracture and hence, is side-lined from the 16th edition of the TATA Indian Premier League (IPL).
The left-arm seamer had picked up 16 wickets last season when CSK finished ninth on the points table.
Akash Singh, who was a part of India’s Under-19 World Cup team in 2020, has previously played for Rajasthan Royals. The left-arm pacer has so far played nine T20s besides nine List A matches and five First-Class games and has 31 wickets against his name.
He will join CSK at his base price of INR 20 Lakh.
- Deodhar Trophy Live Score: North 282/5 vs Central; Parth picks three, South Zone 206/10
- Warner dismisses Oval retirement rumour, eyes Ashes victory
- FIFA Women’s World Cup: Nigeria wary of Australia despite injuries
- Murali Sreeshankar’s parotta sacrifice extends to 2024 Paris Olympics
- FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023: Australia left with one striker after another injury blow