Lucknow Super Giants scored the second-highest team total ever in IPL when it amassed 257/5 in an evening match against the Punjab Kings at the IS Bindra Stadium in Mohali on Friday.
A hapless PBKS attack watched on in despair as Kyle Mayers’ brisk fifty and brutal power-hitting from Ayush Badoni and Marcus Stoinis took LSG to a seemingly insurmountable first-innings score on a belter of a wicket.
LSG reached the 200-mark with 24 legal balls to spare in its innings. Stoinis fell for a 40-ball 72. Nicholas Pooran racked up a 19-ball 45. Arshdeep Singh and Kagiso Rabada conceded in excess of 50 in their four overs.
Royal Challengers Bangalore’s 263/5 against the now-defunct Pune Warriors India in IPL 2013 remains the highest team total in IPL. Chris Gayle struck an unbeaten 175 off just 66 balls to help Bangalore beat Pune by a massive 130-run margin. Gayle reached his century off just 30 deliveries which, at the time, was four balls faster than the fastest hundred in limited-overs cricket, hit by Andrew Symonds for Kent against Middlesex in 2004.
Latest on Sportstar
- Sanjivani Jadhav finishes second in women’s 10,000m at Portland Track Festival
- WTC Final 2023: Cameron Green hopes to bring in Rohit Sharma’s calmness in title clash
- McIlroy tied for lead at Memorial by making fewest mistakes
- Jabeur upset with fans reselling tickets due to women’s match in night session
- Nkunku stars as Leipzig retains German Cup with 2-0 win over Frankfurt