Mumbai Indians beat Lucknow Super Giants by 81 runs in the IPL 2023 Eliminator at the M.A. Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai on Wednesday.
The five-time champion will face Gujarat Titans in Qualifier 2 at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad on Friday. The winner of that game will take on Chennai Super Kings in the final on Sunday at the same venue.
Chasing 183, LSG was bundled out for 101 in 16.3 overs, with pacer Akash Madhwal’s figures of five for five doing the bulk of the damage. The Krunal Pandya-led side was also dented by three run-outs.
After opting to bat, Mumbai lost openers Rohit Sharma and Ishan Kishan inside the PowerPlay before Suryakumar Yadav and Cameron Green resurrected the innings with a 66-run partnership. Naveen-ul-Haq and Yash Thakur derailed Mumbai with seven wickets between them but a total of 182 proved too steep for LSG eventually.
- RCB vs UPW Live Score, WPL 2024: Rajeshwari removes Meghana, Wareham in same over
- Ranji Trophy quarterfinal: Indrajith steps up as Tamil Nadu asserts control against Saurashtra
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Bashir’s exploits, under Nostradamus Stokes, leave India in tatters
- No denying Janneke Schopman’s contribution but missing Olympics made her stay untenable
- BWF Para Badminton World Championships 2024: Bhagat, Yathiraj, Nagar reach finals