Jos Buttler continued his scorching run in the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022 with his fourth century of the season as Rajasthan Royals thrashed Royal Challengers Bangalore by seven wickets to reach its first IPL final since 2008.
Buttler, who reached the three-figure mark off 59 balls and sealed the win for Royals with a six over long-on, remained unbeaten on 106 off 60 balls.
The Englishman had struck centuries against Mumbai Indians, Kolkata Knight Riders, and Delhi Capitals earlier in the tournament.
Not only did Buttler surge ahead in the race for the IPL 2022 Orange Cap, breaching the 800-run mark, but also moved closer to becoming the second-highest run-scorer in a single season, moving closer to David Warner's 848 runs in 2016.
Virat Kohli sits at the top of the pile with a mammoth tally of 973 runs in 2016, which included four centuries in Royal Challengers Bangalore's run to the final.
With Buttler currently placed third in the list of batters with most runs in a single season of the IPL, here's a look at the most prolific run-scorers from past editions of the T20 league.
- Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, Quarterfinals, Live score: Yashasvi Jaiswal departs cheaply as Mumbai three down vs Baroda
- Australia’s Mitchell Marsh out of ICC World Cup 2023 indefinitely
- IND vs SL head-to-head in ODI World Cup: India vs Sri Lanka overall results in WC, batting and bowling records
- IND vs SL head-to-head record in ODIs: India vs Sri Lanka overall stats ahead of ICC World Cup 2023 match
- League Cup: Liverpool to play West Ham, Chelsea to battle Newcastle in quarters