Jos Buttler continued his scorching run in the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022 with his fourth century of the season as Rajasthan Royals thrashed Royal Challengers Bangalore by seven wickets to reach its first IPL final since 2008.
Buttler, who reached the three-figure mark off 59 balls and sealed the win for Royals with a six over long-on, remained unbeaten on 106 off 60 balls.
The Englishman had struck centuries against Mumbai Indians, Kolkata Knight Riders, and Delhi Capitals earlier in the tournament.
Not only did Buttler surge ahead in the race for the IPL 2022 Orange Cap, breaching the 800-run mark, but also moved closer to becoming the second-highest run-scorer in a single season, moving closer to David Warner's 848 runs in 2016.
Virat Kohli sits at the top of the pile with a mammoth tally of 973 runs in 2016, which included four centuries in Royal Challengers Bangalore's run to the final.
With Buttler currently placed third in the list of batters with most runs in a single season of the IPL, here's a look at the most prolific run-scorers from past editions of the T20 league.
Latest on Sportstar
- NBA Finals 2023 - Game 1 analysis: Nikola Jokic’s Denver Nuggets turn up the ‘Heat’!
- Spanish Grand Prix, Formula 1 Live updates: Verstappen to start from pole; Streaming details in India
- WTC Final: Rahane stands at crossroads in his comeback Test
- French Open pair Kato, Sutjiadi disqualified after ballgirl hit
- WTC Final 2023: Cameron Green hopes to bring in Rohit Sharma’s calmness in title clash