Legendary Sri Lankan bowler Muttiah Muralitharan was discharged from hospital on Monday after undergoing angioplasty on Sunday.
"Mr. Muthiah Muralitharan,49, former Sri Lankan cricket player was admitted for cardiac evaluation at Apollo Hospital, Greams Road, Chennai on 18.04.2021. He underwent successful coronary angioplasty with stents yesterday under the care of Dr. G Sengottuvelu," Apollo Hospital said in its latest medical bulletin on Monday.
"He will be discharged today and would resume his normal activities," it added. The veteran bowler had a stent fitted to unblock his artery.
Muralitharan, who has 800 wickets in the longest format of the game and is currently a coaching staff Sunrisers Hyderabad, will rejoin the IPL franchise in the Chennai bubble after being discharged from the hospital.
On Sunday, Sunrisers Hyderabad CEO, K Shanmugam, had told Sportstar : "He got some scans done in Sri Lanka and when he was in Chennai, he consulted a few doctors and they suggested that he undergoes a procedure and it was done immediately."
- Canada motivated to make up for FIFA World Cup disappointment in Olympic qualifying
- Massa’s lawyers seek Hamilton’s support in 2008 title bid
- Neymar beats Pele’s record to become Brazil’s all-time top scorer
- Imitation is flattery, says Shelton, after Djokovic copies phone celebration
- Yamal becomes youngest player to score for Spain in 7-1 rout of Georgia