Legendary Sri Lankan bowler Muttiah Muralitharan was discharged from hospital on Monday after undergoing angioplasty on Sunday.
"Mr. Muthiah Muralitharan,49, former Sri Lankan cricket player was admitted for cardiac evaluation at Apollo Hospital, Greams Road, Chennai on 18.04.2021. He underwent successful coronary angioplasty with stents yesterday under the care of Dr. G Sengottuvelu," Apollo Hospital said in its latest medical bulletin on Monday.
"He will be discharged today and would resume his normal activities," it added. The veteran bowler had a stent fitted to unblock his artery.
Muralitharan, who has 800 wickets in the longest format of the game and is currently a coaching staff Sunrisers Hyderabad, will rejoin the IPL franchise in the Chennai bubble after being discharged from the hospital.
On Sunday, Sunrisers Hyderabad CEO, K Shanmugam, had told Sportstar : "He got some scans done in Sri Lanka and when he was in Chennai, he consulted a few doctors and they suggested that he undergoes a procedure and it was done immediately."
Latest on Sportstar
- Asian U20 Athletics Championship: Shivam bags silver in javelin throw; Shakeel wins bronze in 800m
- Global Chess League unveils six franchises for inaugural edition
- Australia’s Smith wary of following Warner’s retirement plan
- ISL 2023-24: Mourtada Fall completes move to Odisha FC
- FA Cup final recap - When Man City won as predicted, but United resisted more than expected