Much more than the Rs. 4 crore that he bagged from Delhi Daredevils in the IPL auction here on Saturday, Karun Nair is elated with the fact that it offers him a chance to link-up with Rahul Dravid, who will be the team’s mentor.
The Dravid Effect
More than the money, I am just really happy that I am going to be playing under Rahul Dravid who has helped me a lot when I was in Rajasthan Royals and in the Under-19 team.
I don’t think my life is going to change too much. I am only focused on training and putting up good numbers at the domestic level. Right now, my focus is on the Irani Cup and I hope I get picked for the Irani Cup. Once I’m done with that I can begin focusing on the IPL. I think with the responsibility I am going to work a little harder and give it more so I can succeed at that level. I am only going to work towards a good domestic season. I hope I get picked for the India Test side but that’s something I strive for. It’s not something that will happen overnight. Doing well in the auction does help your chances.
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test Day 2: Root century helps ENG reach 302/7 at end of day 1
- Inter Miami completes signing of midfielder Federico Redondo
- Barcelona has not given up hope of winning successive LaLiga titles, says coach Xavi
- Asian Cup-winning coach Lopez handed Qatar contract until 2026
- Leverkusen beats Mainz 2-1 to widen gap at top and set unbeaten record