Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise, Rajasthan Royals, will launch its first grassroots programme ‘Royal Colts’ to bring out young talents and give them an opportunity to shine.
The programme will begin in Jaipur from October 11 where players from the age group of 16 to 19 will be selected.
“The idea is to give the youngsters a platform to show their talents,” Royals’ vice-president, Rajeev Khanna, told Sportstar .
The franchise’s head of cricket, Zubin Bharucha, said: “We are passionate about developing talent. Since the start of the IPL, we have invested in youth and subsequently launched many players onto the international stage.”
The panel of scouts, headed by Zubin Bharucha, includes Royals coaches Amol Mazumdar and Sairaj Bahutule along with couple of local selectors who will shortlist aspiring players from a pool of registered candidates.
The final Colts team of 16 players get to compete with junior teams in India and from around the world.
- MI vs DC Highlights, WPL 2024: Last-ball six from Sajana clinches thriller for Mumbai Indians
- Dubai Championships 2024: Qualifier Kalinskaya upsets World No. 1 Swiatek, faces Paolini in final
- ISL 2023-24: Bipin grabs brace as Mumbai City cruises to win against Chennaiyin
- Manchester United to play Arsenal in one of FIFA World Cup 2026 venues during pre-season
- Mike Tyson, Francis Ngannou set for Professional Fighters League debut in Saudi Arabia