When Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) faces Rising Pune Supergiant (RPS) on Wednesday night at the Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium in Pune, it will be a competition between a Kolkata-based team versus a Kolkata-based business group owned side. Howver, the significance of the match is more prevalent when players like Gautam Gambhir and M. S. Dhoni are taken into consideration.
Team India discard and one of the most celebrated openers from 2000s, Gambhir has proved time and again why he is still has the zeal to be in the national team. In the ongoing IPL, Gambhir steered the KKR batting in the first three games, before uplifting his team to an epic victory against the Royal Challengers Bangalore.
Standing opposite to him is the former World Cup-winning Indian captain, M. S. Dhoni. Before the season started, Dhoni lost the RPS captaincy to Steven Smith. Critics pointed out that how the prowess of Dhoni was slowly diminishing. However, he silenced all with his unbetaen 61 off 34 balls against a hapless Mumbai Indians (MI).
On Wednesday night, it will be a battle between two of Indian cricket's old men.
- Bahrain Grand Prix: F1 champion Verstappen of Red Bull on pole for season-opener
- Ranji Trophy semifinal: Chandrakant Pandit eyes victory against former side as Vidarbha, Madhya Pradesh face off
- German Open 2024: Jolly-Gayatri bow out of quarterfinals, lose to Chinese pair of Jing-Min
- Mohun Bagan vs Jamshedpur FC highlights, MBSG 3-0 JFC, ISL 2023-24: Sadiku, Cummings, Petratos goals guide Mariners to comfortable win
- ISL 2023-24: Mohun Bagan Super Giant cruises to win against Jamshedpur FC