The Royal Challengers Bangalore captain is currently the highest run getter in the Indian Premier league with 5412 runs in 169 innings. Kohli has the chance to become the fastest to score 6000 runs in the IPL T20 edition.
Kohli will also be keen to lead RCB to its maiden IPL title, which has remained elusive despite making the final thrice.
His 973 runs in 2016 remains the highest aggregate by a batsman in one season of the T20 league.
CSK's top order batsman is the second highest run scorer in the IPL season with 5368 runs in 189 innings and is just 44 runs behind Kohli.
Raina underwent a knee surgery last August and is working his way back to fitness. The 33-year-old could use the IPL to put himself in the reckoning for a place in India's T20 World Cup squad for the tournament in Australia in October this year.
- Al Nassr vs Al Hazem LIVE score Saudi Pro League: NAS 3-3 HAZ; Ronaldo suspended, Talisca scores hattrick, Selemani makes it level
- WPL 2024: Smriti’s heroics in vain as Kapp, Jonassen help Delhi beat Bangalore by 25 runs
- German Open: Jolly-Gayatri advance to quarterfinals
- RCB-W vs DC-W Highlights WPL 2024: Delhi Capitals beats Royal Challengers by 25 runs
- Indian sports wrap, February 29