Former India cricketers Kapil Dev, Anshuman Gaekwad and Shanta Rangaswamy are likely to pick Team India’s chief coach, after Ravi Shastri’s term ends following the West Indies tour.
Sportstar , however, has learned that the three members are yet to hear from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
“Even I have heard something similar, but I am yet to receive any call from the Board. May be, they will soon,” one of the three members told this publication.
“We can only talk about it, once we hear from the Board. As of now, there has been no communication,” the member said.
One of the BCCI officials confirmed that the process is on, though an official letter hasn’t been issued yet.
“We are looking at all the aspects and soon, we will issue letters. But yes, they have been approached by the CEO (Saba Karim),” the official said.
With serious doubts over the future of Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) - comprising Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman and Sourav Ganguly, the BCCI needs to form a new panel to pick India’s next chief coach.
And that’s why it has decided to go with Kapil, Gaekwad and Rangaswamy -- who had also picked W.V. Raman as India’s women’s coach in December, last year.
However, the decision didn’t go down well with the CoA members, with Diana Edulji crying foul. The Board’s Ethics Officer, Justice (retd.) D.K. Jain is currently looking into the matter.
As per the newly registered BCCI constitution, the CAC will only appoint the head coach, while all other support staff appointments will be done by CEO Rahul Johri.
- AFC Champions League 2023-24: Ronaldo’s Al-Nassr secures knockout stage berth with draw against Persepolis
- Al Nassr vs Persepolis Highlights, AFC Champions League 2023-24: NAS 0-0 PER, Ronaldo’s 10 man team moves to round of 16 with a draw
- AFC Champions League points table LIVE: Al-Nassr vs Persepolis, Ronaldo’s side leading in Group E, enters round of 16
- ISL 2023-24: Super sub Victor Rodriguez brings three points home for FC Goa against Jamshedpur FC as it goes on top of the table
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second