West Indies skipper Kieron Pollard on Wednesday became the first player in the history of T20 cricket to feature in 500 matches when he took the field against Sri Lanka for the first T20I here.
Pollard was congratulated by his team-mates on his landmark day before the start of the T20I and was also presented with a special jersey to mark the occasion.
The jersey had the all-rounder’s name at the back along with the number 500.
Dwayne Bravo is second in the list with 453 matches under his belt so far.
Chris Gayle is at the third spot in the list as he has featured in 404 T20 matches.
- Priyanka Goswami finishes 7th in Chinese Race Walking Grand Prix
- Indian Sports News Wrap: March 3
- NZ vs AUS, 1st Test: Lyon masterclass leads Australia to 172-run win against New Zealand
- Ranji Trophy Highlights, Day 2 Semifinal 2024: Shardul hundred puts Mumbai in control; MP 252 all out; Vidarbha loses Taide early
- NZ vs AUS, 2nd Test: Southee hints at shock Wagner return after O’Rourke injury