Former India wicketkeeper-batsman Kiran More, who was appointed USA's director of cricket last month, will also take charge of the senior team, following the resignation of head coach Pubudu Dassanayake.
Along with More, former West Indies cricketer Kieran Powell has also been brought on board as the high-performance manager.
Now, with Dassanayake stepping down, More and Powell will be assisted in the interim by a group of seasoned coaching staff which includes former India cricketers Pravin Amre and Sunil Joshi.
James Pamment, who worked as the fielding coach of Mumbai Indians, and former Australia assistant coach David Saker will also be part of the support staff. The decision to appoint an interim coaching panel comes after USA's long-time coach Pubudu Dassanayake stepped down from his role on Friday.
It has been learned that Dassanayake decided to step down following a breakdown in his relationship with the USA cricket board officials.
Dassanayake has been the head coach of the USA senior men’s team since 2016 and has led the team to new heights while also instituting a strong culture and team ethic, built upon the diversity of the playing squad.
A full-time coach is likely to be appointed soon.
- Team World beats Team Europe to claim back-to-back Laver Cup titles
- Atletico Madrid beats Real Madrid 3-1 in La Liga to end rival’s perfect start to the season
- Shooting, Asian Games 2023 LIVE Score Updates: India’s Rudrankksh, Aishwary in top 8 after Series 3 in men’s 10m air rifle qualification - Hangzhou 2022 updates
- Asian Games 2023, September 25 LIVE updates: Men’s 10m air rifle underway; India schedule, Hangzhou 2022 streaming info
- Asian Games 2023 schedule today, September 25: Indians in action, events, LIVE streaming details, timings in IST