Cricket South Africa said on Wednesday that fast bowler Lungi Ngidi has dropped out of its three-match One Day International series against the Netherlands after testing positive for COVID-19.
Fellow bowler Lizaad Williams is also out because of a rib muscle strain with Junior Dala called up to the squad as a replacement, a statement added.
READ : I ndia vs New Zealand Test series: Kiwi pacer Jamieson ready for different challenge in India
South Africa is already weakened for its first ODI series against the Dutch after resting six first-choice players involved in the T20 World Cup 2021 earlier this month, including captain Temba Bavuma.
Catch the latest episode of our cricket podcast, Matchpoint Paradox here:
Also not taking part are Quinton de Kock, Aiden Markram, Anrich Nortje, Kagiso Rabada and Rassie van der Dussen. The team is being captained by Keshav Maharaj.
The first ODI is on Friday at Centurion, followed by matches on Sunday and on December 1.
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open: Sabalenka, Djokovic hoping to steer clear of controversy
- ENG vs IRE Test, day 1: England takes control against Ireland as Broad stars with ball
- ‘I will continue’: Ronaldo says he’ll stay in Saudi
- India wins Junior Asia Cup, beats Pakistan 2-1
- Champions League final referee under UEFA scrutiny for links to far-right leader in Poland