Morne Morkel resigned as the bowling coach of the Pakistan team, announced the country’s cricket board on Monday.
The South African had joined the Pakistan team on a six-month contract in June this year, with his first assignment being the two-match Test series against Sri Lanka.
Pakistan failed to make it to the semifinals of the ongoing ODI World Cup, finishing fifth in the table.
Pakistan suffered losses against India, Australia, South Africa, England and a shock defeat at the hands of Afghanistan.
Pakistan Cricket Board is yet to announce his replacement.
Pakistan next faces Australia in a three-match Test series scheduled to take place from December 14, 2023 to January 7, 2024, in Australia.
- Saudi Pro League 2023-24: Al Nassr without Ronaldo draws against Al Hazem despite Talisca hattrick
- Al Nassr vs Al Hazem Highlights Saudi Pro League: NAS 4-4 HAZ; Talisca scores hattrick, Ricardo scores stoppage time equalizer
- WPL 2024: Smriti’s heroics in vain as Kapp, Jonassen help Delhi beat Bangalore by 25 runs
- German Open: Jolly-Gayatri advance to quarterfinals
- RCB-W vs DC-W Highlights WPL 2024: Delhi Capitals beats Royal Challengers by 25 runs