The remaining matches of the Pakistan Super League here will not be affected by the terrorist attack on the Karachi police chief’s office on Friday evening, Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Najam Sethi said.
Sethi said the matches would continue as presidential security has been in place for the players and officials since the start of the league.
“The PSL matches will continue as per schedule. All the players are being well looked after,” he said.
Another board official said the security agencies and government had also given clearance for the PSL matches to continue in Karachi.
“The incident which happened yesterday is unrelated to the PSL,” he said.
Two matches of the PSL are scheduled at the National Stadium on Saturday and Sunday and security has been beefed up at the team hotel and match venue.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTA moves San Jose tournament to Washington for combined event
- Norway Chess: Gukesh surrenders to Nakamura; Caruana in lead
- Canada’s Oleksiak to miss July World Championships with injury
- Swiatek defeats Liu, reaches French Open third round
- India vs Pakistan Live Score, Junior Asia Cup: Men in Blue one win away from title; starting lineups, streaming info