Five Indian Test cricketers practised with the SG pink ball under lights at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium here on Sunday. Mayank Agarwal, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammed Shami, Ajinkya Rahane and Cheteshwar Pujara hit the nets under the guidance of former India captain and NCA Head of Cricket, Rahul Dravid.
This was the first training session with the SG pink ball, which will make its debut in the historic day-night Test against Bangladesh at Eden Gardens.
Mayank, Rahane, Pujara and Jadeja took on promising Karnataka junior team fast bowlers and spinners. The batsmen were mostly circumspect in the pacers' net, leaving balls outside off, in an effort to get comfortable with the pink ball. They had a far easier time in the spinners’ nets, smashing the bowlers around.
Dravid was seen chatting to the India players and giving instructions to the net bowlers. India ‘A’ head coach Shitanshu Kotak assisted Dravid.
Shami, meanwhile, got into his stride and troubled the batsmen with sharp pace and movement. As expected, the new pink balls offered appreciable swing, though it remains to be seen how it will hold up in the Kolkata Test.
- Kerala Blasters vs Bengaluru FC LIVE score, KBFC 0-0 BFC, ISL 2023-24: No clear-cut chances with first quarter played
- MotoGP: Bagnaia in much better condition ahead of Indian Grand Prix after horrific crash
- Ankita Raina guns for gold in Asian Games 2023
- Rohan Bopanna says inspiring next generation to push all limits will be his legacy
- Nagal gets support from DLTA, PepsiCo India after speaking about financial crunch