India opener Prithvi Shaw has promised to start afresh as he gears up for his comeback to competitive cricket after serving an eight-month doping suspension handed by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
Shaw was banned from all forms of cricket by the Indian cricket board for a retrospective period of eight months in July after failing a dope test during the Mushtaq Ali Trophy in March.
READ| Prithvi Shaw doping ban warning bell for young cricketers
Shaw’s ban ends on November 15 and he has already started training for the ongoing Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, where he will play for Mumbai.
Shaw, who has represented India in two Test matches, last played competitive cricket in the Indian Premier League in May.
Latest on Sportstar
- Norway Chess: Gukesh outwits Mamedyarov, moves to fourth spot
- IND 4-0 BEL Live Score, FIH Pro League 2022-23: Harmanpreet brace keeps India in front against Belgium at half-time
- Roma boss Mourinho charged with abusing match official: UEFA
- Indian sports news wrap, June 2
- When was the last time there was a Manchester Derby in the FA Cup?