Flamboyant top-order batsman Rahul Tripathi will lead a 20-member Maharashtra squad at the 2020-21 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, which will kick off the new Indian domestic season next month.
The Maharashtra Cricket Association on Wednesday announced the squad through a media release.
Apart from Tripathi, India all-rounder Kedar Jadhav and promising opener Ruturaj Gaikwad, who shone for the Chennai Super Kings in the IPL this year, have been included in the squad as well.
Left-arm spinner Satyajeet Bachhav is the only notable name in the bowling department, which comprises relatively new faces.
Maharashtra is placed in Elite Group C along with Gujarat, Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Baroda and Uttarakhand. All of its league stage matches will be played in Vadodara. The tournament begins from January 10.
Latest on Sportstar
- Asian U20 Athletics Championship: Shivam bags silver in javelin throw; Shakeel wins bronze in 800m
- ISL 2023-24: Mourtada Fall completes move to Odisha FC
- Detained midfielder Son included in South Korea squad for International friendlies
- IBA says has met reform criteria for Olympics, accuses IOC of intransigence
- Formula 1: Mercedes optimistic after significant progress show at Spanish GP