Flamboyant top-order batsman Rahul Tripathi will lead a 20-member Maharashtra squad at the 2020-21 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, which will kick off the new Indian domestic season next month.
The Maharashtra Cricket Association on Wednesday announced the squad through a media release.
Apart from Tripathi, India all-rounder Kedar Jadhav and promising opener Ruturaj Gaikwad, who shone for the Chennai Super Kings in the IPL this year, have been included in the squad as well.
Left-arm spinner Satyajeet Bachhav is the only notable name in the bowling department, which comprises relatively new faces.
Maharashtra is placed in Elite Group C along with Gujarat, Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Baroda and Uttarakhand. All of its league stage matches will be played in Vadodara. The tournament begins from January 10.
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- San Diego Open: Vekic, Yastremska advance to second round