Bengal pacers continued to perform admirably, as they ran through the Haryana batting once again to put the visitor in sight of a win in the Ranji Trophy Elite Group ‘A’ match at the Chaudhary Bansi Lal Cricket Stadium, Lahli, on Thursday.
Enjoying an impressive lead of 256 runs after ending Haryana’s first innings at 163, Bengal asked the host to follow on at the start of the third day.
Haryana made a promising start and appeared to be heading for a big score before the Bengal pacers found their rhythm to reduce the former to 177 for seven at the end of the third day’s action.
Bengal still enjoys a 79-run lead, leaving the Haryana tail-enders to fend for themselves. Bengal pacers, led by Akash Deep (three for 37), Ishan Porel (two for 36) and Mukesh Kumar (two for 53), demolished the Haryana batting order to put their team just three wickets away from a famous away win.
After being asked to follow on, Haryana openers Yuvraj Singh (78) and Chaitanya Bishnoi (55) got their team off to a flying start. They put on an opening stand of 129. But the Bengal pacers were rewarded for their disciplined approach as Porel got rid of Bishnoi in the 50th over.
This virtually set off a landslide of wickets as Bengal bowlers picked up seven for just 48 runs. Sumit Kumar (8) and Amit Rana (0) remained unbeaten as bad light forced early stumps. Only 69 overs were bowled in the day.
- India vs Australia Live Score Updates, World Cup 2023 Final: Virat Kohli, KL Rahul consolidate; IND 121/3 (22) vs AUS
- IND vs AUS Live scorecard, World Cup 2023 Final: Virat Kohli, KL Rahul at crease after India loses three wickets
- Rahul completes 400 World Cup 2023 runs during IND vs AUS final
- IND vs AUS World Cup 2023 Final: Live reactions; ‘Free Palestine’ pitch invader disrupts match
- Bhullar strolls to Indonesian Masters for 11th Asian Tour win