Services seized the upper-hand against Maharashtra on the second day of their Ranji Trophy Group C match on Friday, with the visiting team requiring a further 148 runs to avoid an innings defeat here.
Services made 285 in its first innings after bundling out Maharashtra for 44 and then reduced the visitor to 93 for 5 in the second innings.
Resuming at 141 for 4, Services was well-served by Ravi Chauhan’s half-century (65, 180 balls, 6 fours) and useful knocks of 47 each by Vikas Hathwala and AP Sharma as the lead swelled to 241.
Services then left Maharashtra tottering with half its side back in the dressing room to take full control of the match at the Air force Complex Ground in Palam.
Ruturaj Gaikwad fell for a first-ball duck after a first-innings score of 4, while the other opener M S Trunkwala (1) was forced to retire hurt.
The experienced Ankit Bawne, who failed in the first innings, once again cut a sorry figure as he was bowled by Sachidanand Pandey for a six-ball duck.
Chirag Khurana (4) was removed by Pandey, while Rahul Tripathi (11) was dismissed by Diwesh Pathania.
Naushad S Shaik (40 batting, 85 balls, 4 fours) and wicketkeeper Vishant More (33 batting, 80 balls, 6 fours) then defied the Services attack for close to 25 overs and ensured that Maharashtra did not suffer any more setbacks.
For the host, right-arm medium-pacer Sachidanand Pandey picked up three wickets.
There was no play possible in the game between Tripura and Odisha in Agartala for the second successive day.
- Billie Jean King Cup 2023: Italy overcomes spirited Slovenia to reach final
- ICC World Cup 2023 Points Table after ENG vs PAK: England seventh, Pakistan finishes at fifth place
- England vs Pakistan LIVE Score, World Cup 2023: PAK 244/9 (43); Wasim Jr, Rauf counterattack delays ENG win
- PCB, team management ignored advice to relook spin bowling attack before World Cup, says Misbah Ul Haq
- ODI World Cup 2023: Dravid on Timed out dismissal - ‘You might not do it yourself but you can’t blame somebody for following the rule’