Sanju Samson broke the record for the highest individual score ever registered in the Vijay Hazare Trophy on Friday, scoring an unbeaten 212 against Goa in a Group ‘A’ contest against Goa at the Alur grounds in Bengaluru.
Sanju’s knock (129b, 21x4, 10x6) surpassed the 202 scored by Uttarakhand’s Karanveer Kaushal last season. It was also the second double-century scored in the tournament.
LIVE UPDATES | VIJAY HAZARE TROPHY
Before this, the top-order batsman hadn’t scored a single century in List A cricket. He had one half-century under his belt in the five matches in the tournament before this one.
His partnership of 338 with Sachin Baby is the highest for the third wicket in List A cricket — it overtook the 309 accumulated by Tim Curtis and Tom Moody for Worcestershire in 1994.
Sachin was the more subdued of the two, scoring 127 off 135 deliveries (7x4, 4x6). Kerala posted a 50-over total of 377.
*Stats by Rajneesh Gupta
- Paralympics chief hopes for full stadiums and extensive TV coverage in Paris
- Canada, Russia file appeals against re-ranking of 2022 Winter Olympic team result
- Biennial FIFA series of friendly games to launch in March
- Horner fate set to be decided before Bahrain GP
- Murray drops retirement hint after 500th hardcourt win in Dubai