Mumbai pacer Shardul Thakur and Tamil Nadu batsman Dinesh Karthik found a place in India ODI squad for the first three matches against New Zealand starting October 22.
K.L. Rahul — who was in the squad for the five-match ODI series against Australia — missed out. However, Rahul hadn’t played a single game in the tour.
Read: NZ start tour with Sepak takraw-like drills
India’s premier spinners Ravichandran Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja have been ignored again. Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav and Axar Patel will share duties in the spin department.
Also read: Astle, Phillips in New Zealand squad for India series
Speedsters Mohammed Shami and Umesh Yadav have been left out too. The onus will now be on Bhuvneshwar Kumar to lead the pace attack along with Jasprit Bumrah and Thakur.
Virat Kohli (c), Rohit Sharma (vice-captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Manish Pandey, Kedar Jadhav, Dinesh Karthik, MS Dhoni (wk), Hardik Pandya, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Shardul Thakur
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 1: Australia 62/1 (20 overs); Warner, Labuschagne frustrate India bowlers
- From the horse’s mouth: Tushar Deshpande and Akash Singh explain what makes Chennai Super Kings special
- Asian U20 Athletics Championship: Laxita, women’s 4x400m relay team win gold; Mehdi bags men’s 1500m bronze
- World of cricket: England tastes Stoke-less success, schedule ODI World Cup 2023 to be announced at WTC final
- Unlikely Champions League finalist Inter Milan out to upset Manchester City