Mumbai pacer Shardul Thakur and Tamil Nadu batsman Dinesh Karthik found a place in India ODI squad for the first three matches against New Zealand starting October 22.
K.L. Rahul — who was in the squad for the five-match ODI series against Australia — missed out. However, Rahul hadn’t played a single game in the tour.
India’s premier spinners Ravichandran Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja have been ignored again. Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav and Axar Patel will share duties in the spin department.
Speedsters Mohammed Shami and Umesh Yadav have been left out too. The onus will now be on Bhuvneshwar Kumar to lead the pace attack along with Jasprit Bumrah and Thakur.
Virat Kohli (c), Rohit Sharma (vice-captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Manish Pandey, Kedar Jadhav, Dinesh Karthik, MS Dhoni (wk), Hardik Pandya, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Shardul Thakur
- IND A vs ENG A Women, 3rd T20: Issy Wong shines again as England beats India by two wickets to win series 2-1
- WI vs ENG: Sam Curran sets unwanted record for most runs conceded by England bowler in ODI history
- WI vs ENG, 1st ODI: West Indies completes its second highest successful run-chase, beats England by four wickets
- I-League 2023-24 Top Scorers: Here are the leading goalscorers after matchday seven
- EURO 2024 playoffs: Which are the teams involved, when will the matches be played?