Shoaib Akhtar and Viv Richards led the praise for "teen sensation" Naseem Shah after Pakistan's 16-year-old paceman became the youngest bowler to claim a Test hat-trick.
The precocious teenager achieved the feat on day three of the first Test against Bangladesh, putting Pakistan in a strong position to clinch a crushing victory.
Naseem reduced Bangladesh from 124-2 to 124-5 as he removed Najmul Hossain Shanto, Taijul Islam and Mahmudullah with successive deliveries, the first two of his victims falling to lbw decisions before the latter was caught at first slip.
The stunning burst arrived six days ahead of Naseem's 17th birthday and came less than two months since he became the youngest fast bowler to take a five-wicket haul in Tests.
Given the hat-trick came in Rawalpindi, it was only appropriate one of the city's favourite sons should offer his approval.
Shoaib became known as the 'Rawalpindi Express' during his career as Pakistan's premier quick.
And though his message was brief, it signalled how impressed he was by the youngster.
Shoaib wrote on Twitter: "Wow. Hat-trick by the teen sensation. #NaseemShah"
West Indies great Richards said Naseem's performance was "quality as its best", and said Pakistan Super League side the Quetta Gladiators had again shown a knack for uncovering "impeccable talents". Richards works for the team as a mentor.
Former Pakistan captain Rashid Latif said: "Congratulations to Naseem Shah for his remarkable achievement in such a short time. No other format can match a Test match."
Mushtaq Ahmed, Pakistan's former star leg-spinner, wrote on Twitter: "You are born to shine son. Keep your feet on ground and eyes on sky."
- AFC Asian Cup 2023: Qatar unveils family of desert rodents as mascots for premier tournament in Asia
- Hyderabad FC vs Mohun Bagan SG LIVE Streaming Info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch HFC vs MBSG, predicted lineups, preview and more
- IPL 2024 Auction: Full list of registered capped Indian players, base price
- Mitrovic’s late brace helps seal a huge win for Al Hilal against Ronald’s Al Nassr in Saudi Pro League
- Al Hilal vs Al Nassr Highlights, HIL 3-0 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Savic, Mitrovic scores, Ronaldo’s goal ruled off side