Legends Cricket League, a professional cricket league for retired international cricketers, on Thursday announced that Shoaib Akhtar and Sanath Jayasuriya will be among the players who will play for Asia Lions in the inaugural edition next month.
The league will be played at the Al Amerat Cricket Stadium in Oman between three teams. Besides Asia Lions, the other two teams would be representing India and Rest of the World.
Asia Lions side include Akhtar, Shahid Afridi, Jayasuriya, Muttiah Muralitharan, Chaminda Vaas, Romesh Kaluwitharana, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Azhar Mahmood, Upul Tharanga, Misbah-ul-Haq, Mohammed Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Mohammed Yousuf, Umar Gul, Younis Khan and Asghar Afghan.
Former India head coach Ravi Shastri, who is the Commissioner of Legends League Cricket, said, "This is top quality exciting cricket on offer. The Lions of Asia from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh & Afghanistan coming together in one team will definitely give the other two teams a run for their money.
"I tell you they are absolute champions and Afridi, Murali, Chaminda, Shoaib Malik all playing in one team, this will be a blast."
- Vaishali Rameshbabu becomes India’s 84th grandmaster
- AFC Asian Cup 2023: Qatar unveils family of desert rodents as mascots for premier tournament in Asia
- Hyderabad FC vs Mohun Bagan SG LIVE Streaming Info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch HFC vs MBSG, predicted lineups, preview and more
- IPL 2024 Auction: Full list of registered capped Indian players, base price
- Mitrovic’s late brace helps seal a huge win for Al Hilal against Ronald’s Al Nassr in Saudi Pro League