The Lanka Premier League draft has been postponed due to coronavirus outbreak, the country's cricket board said on Thursday.
“The Player Draft will not go ahead as planned, owing to the current health situation,” Sri Lanka Cricket said in a statement. The event has been rescheduled to October 19, and SLC would “closely monitor the health situation” over the next few days.
READ: Inaugural Lanka Premier League postponed
The league has already been rescheduled twice and is likely to begin on November 21.
Chris Gayle, Darren Sammy, Darren Bravo, Shahid Afridi and Shakib Al Hasan will be part of the drafts. However, with more than 1,000 workers at a Colombo factory testing positive, the government has locked down some regions and banned public gatherings.
Latest on Sportstar
- TVS launches Racing Experience Centre to build future motorcycling champions in India
- Mahindra Racing hopes to get back to scoring points in the Jakarta ePrix
- Navas returns to Spain squad for Nations League final four
- Marciniak to remain referee for Champions League final after apology - UEFA
- Indian sports news wrap, June 2