Match reduced to16 overs. Bangladesh needs to 151 overs.
In this episode of #WednesdaysWithWV, WV Raman analyses India’s performances in the T20 World Cup so far and weighs in on the decision of BCCI to take a step towards pay parity.
Bangladesh’s if overs are lost 19 overs: 177 17 overs: 160 15 overs: 142 12 overs: 112 10 overs: 89
We will start to lose overs from the match from now. If the match is reduced to a 10-over game, Bangladesh will only need 23 runs from 3 overs.
Rain has stopped play in Adelaide. Bangladesh was 66/0 in 7 overs during a 185-run chase against India before rain halted play. Bangladesh is currently 17 runs ahead of the DLS par score.
Weather forceast - Adelaide
The threat of rain interruptions hangs over today’s Super 12 match between India and Bangladesh at the Adelaide Oval.
Adelaide experienced a brief afternoon shower on the eve of the game, and more rain in the evening. India had been scheduled to train at the Adelaide Oval, but when the early morning drizzle worsened into showers, they switched to the indoor nets.
The weather could also play a part in the game with a 60% chance of rain. This is the first T20I between India and Bangladesh since their bilateral series three years ago.
Reserve days have been scheduled for both semifinals and the final. No other matches have a reserve day. If a match starts on the scheduled day and overs are reduced following an interruption but no further play is possible, the match will resume on the reserve day at the point where the last ball was played.
Bangladesh can still make the semifinals following its dramatic win against Zimbabwe. Meanwhile, India’s defeat against South Africa will keep Rohit Sharma’s men on their toes.
- India vs Bangladesh LIVE Score, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: IND 202/6 (43); Shubman Gill century takes India close
- ISL 2023-24: FC Goa vs Hyderabad FC rescheduled after Jhingan, Chinglensana leave for Asian Games
- Woodforde urges patience with Davis Cup format after Djokovic seeks tweak
- IND vs BAN, Asia Cup 2023: Shubman Gill slams 5th ODI ton; joins Sachin, Kohli in list of batters to cross 1000 runs in calendar year
- Emotional Andy Murray misses grandmother’s funeral to give GB Davis Cup lead