Jason Roy scored a 83-ball 100 as England thrashed Australia by six wickets to go 4-0 up the five-match ODI series.
Chasing a daunting 311 to win, the host got off to a flier thanks to the 174-run opening stand between Roy and Jonny Bairstow (79).
Roy was the first wicket to fall; the right-hander holing out to Shaun Marsh at point off Nathon Lyon's bowling. Bairstow soon followed suit, edging one to Tim Paine behind the stumps.
If two wickets in quick succession raised Australia's hope, it was soon nipped in the bud by Jos Buttler, whose quickfire 54 off 29 balls combined with Alex Hales' 34 took England home with 32 balls to spare.
Earlier, Australia made 310 for eight after winning the toss in the fourth one-day international at Chester-le-Street on Thursday.
Shaun Marsh (101) and Aaron Finch (100) both hit hundreds, with England left-arm quick David Willey taking three wickets in an over en route his figures of four for 43.
England leads the five-match series 4-0. The fifth ODI will be played at Old Trafford, Manchester.
Latest on Sportstar
- Karim Benzema signs for Saudi Arabia’s Al-Ittihad: club source
- Singapore Open 2023: Sindhu, Prannoy exit in first round; Srikanth, Arjun-Dhruv duo enter second round
- Women’s Junior Asia Cup 2023: India secures 2-2 draw against Korea
- Bucks announce Griffin as head coach
- WTC Final 2023: Boland to play against India, confirms captain Cummins