After three weeks of league fixtures, the Vijay Hazare Trophy 2019 heads into the knock-out stage, with top eight teams vying for a spot in the semifinals.
Karnataka will take on Pondicherry in the first quarterfinal fixture at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium on October 20 while Delhi faces off against Gujarat in the second quarters tie on the same day.
Tamil Nadu and Punjab will lock horns in the third quarterfinal at the Alur Ground, while Chhattisgarh takes on Mumbai in the final last-eight encounter on October 21.
There was confusion over the fixtures as the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) website showed that matches will also be played in Amritsar and Bokakhat in Assam.
BCCI’s General Manager (Game Development), Saba Karim, confirmed to this publication that all the matches will remain in Bengaluru.
One of the Board officials said that the glitches will be rectified soon as the official website, bcci.tv, is being revamped.
“We are revamping the Board website, so there are a few technical glitches. We are trying to rectify them,” the official told Sportstar .
The quarterfinal schedule
- ISL 2023-24: Chennaiyin FC signs Serbian defender Lazar Cirkovic
- Premier League: More to come from Burnley, says Kompany
- Asian Games 2022, Rowing schedule: Dates, timings; men’s, women’s race events and categories
- Indian men’s hockey team departs for Asian Games in Hangzhou
- 2023 ODI World Cup venues: Rajiv Gandhi Stadium in Hyderabad — capacity, pitch info and areas that need attention