All opening round matches of the Vijay Hazare Trophy Elite Group ‘B’ were washed out on Tuesday without a ball being played due to wet outfield.
The overnight rain caused all six teams —Delhi, Vidarbha, Maharashtra, Himachal, Baroda and Odisha — to get two points each.
The tournament will see several India internationals trying to leave a mark while competing for the top honours. Wicket-keeper batsman Rishabh Pant and pacer Navdeep Saini, who recently made his India debut, will feature in the Delhi side.
ALSO READ | VIJAY HAZARE TROPHY DAY ONE HIGHLIGHTS
While Karnataka vice-captain KL Rahul, who has been out of favour in India’s Test side, will also look to re-establish his white-ball credentials.
A total of 38 teams are vying for the title this season with Chandigarh being the new entrant.
The top five teams from Groups A and B combined (sorted by points tally), the top two teams from Group C, and the Group D leader will qualify for the quarterfinals. The final will be played on October 25.
- Dipa Karmakar focuses on Paris Olympics spot after Asian Games disappointment
- Arteta says he expects difficult game at “remarkable” Luton Town
- ATP Rankings: Novak Djokovic finishes at No. 1 for a record-extending eighth time
- Indian sports news wrap, December 4
- Unnati Hooda keen to perform well in Guwahati Masters