Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane and Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli have been in touch with each other on Twitter. The two players usually send congratulatory tweets after a good performance and match results.
On Friday, the Indian skipper met the England football team and Spurs captain at the Lord's Cricket Ground ahead of the 2019 ICC World Cup, which gets underway in England and Wales on May 30.
The 25-year old forward tweeted a picture with the Indian skipper.
Though sports fans went into a frenzy after the tweet, Bollywood actor Abhishek Bachchan saw the opportunity to take a friendly dig at Kohli.
Kohli and Abhishek are co-owners of FC Goa and Chennaiyin FC respectively, in the Indian Super League.
Another fan posted a picture of Kohli and Southampton striker Danny Ings holding a Saints jersey which was tweeted in September last year by the club's official handle.
Kohli will hope to lead India to a third World Cup win while Spurs' talisman Kane, who has been out with an ankle injury, will hope to be fit to lead Spurs in the Champions League final on June 1 against Liverpool.
- World Team Table Tennis Championships: India men’s team beats NZ 3-0, seals passage to knockouts
- Pune Challenger 2024: Ramkumar knocks out Bengaluru Open champion Napolitano in first round
- World Team Table Tennis Championships: India women beat Spain, advance to Round of 32
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Iyer, Dube out of Mumbai’s squad for quaterfinal against Baroda
- Indian sports wrap, February 20