Virat Kohli has left the Indian team bubble ahead of the third T20I due to personal reasons. Sources in the BCCI have confirmed that the erstwhile India captain left Kolkata on Saturday morning and will be missing out on the final T20I fixture to be played at the Eden Gardens on Sunday.
It is understood even Rishabh Pant will not be available for Sunday's fixture. In his absence, Ishan Kishan will be seen as the stumper.
India defeated the West Indies in the second T20I, taking an unassailable 2-0 lead.
The Indian team is set to leave for Lucknow on Monday on a charter flight, and it is unlikely that Kohli will feature in the T20I series against Sri Lanka, starting next Thursday.
With Kohli missing the dead rubber, the team management is likely to include Shreyas Iyer in the playing eleven on Sunday.
- Full list of highest T20I totals successfully chased against India: Australia sets new record in Guwahati
- IND vs AUS: Deepak Chahar added to India’s squad for T20I series against Australia
- PCB waives off 50 per cent match fee fine imposed on Azam Khan for displaying Palestine flag
- IND vs AUS: Maxwell concedes 30 runs off last over as India scores mammoth 222 against Australia in 3rd T20I
- Ruturaj Gaikwad smashes maiden international century; becomes first Indian to score T20I hundred against Australia