Former India opener Virender Sehwag has been named captain of Gujarat Giants, while Gautam Gambhir will lead India Capitals in the upcoming edition of the Legends League cricket, scheduled for September 16 start at the Eden Gardens.
“I am excited to get back to the cricket ground again. We are extremely excited and eagerly waiting for the draft to pick our team,” said Sehwag.
“I wish Legends League Cricket all the very best and looking forward to the tournament," said Gambhir, who retired from all forms of professional cricket in 2018.
The upcoming edition of the league will be a four-team tournament and a 16-match affair. The matches will be played in Kolkata, followed by Lucknow, New Delhi, Cuttack and Jodhpur. The venue for play-offs and finals are yet be decided.
The inaugural edition of the league featured three teams - India Maharajas, Asia Lions and World Giants.
- Red Bull woes at Singapore Grand Prix nothing to do with FIA directive, says Horner
- Davis Cup Debut: The test of nerves in a trial by fire
- Ten Hag denies Man United is in crisis after latest Premier League loss in troubled season
- India vs Sri Lanka LIVE Streaming info, Asia Cup final: When and where to watch IND vs SL match today?
- India vs Sri Lanka LIVE Colombo weather updates, Asia Cup final: Will rain affect match today?