Ajinkya Rahane became the seventh player to take 100 catches for India in Test cricket. Rahane held on to the catch of Pat Cummins to achieve the feat as Australia was bowled out for 469 in the first innings of the World Test Championship final. at the Oval on Thursday.
The record for the most catches in Test cricket for India is held by Rahul Dravid, who managed 209 catches in 163 Tests between 1996 and 2012. Dravid has the most catches for any cricketer in Tests, followed by Mahela Jayawardene (205).
Rahane’s 100 catches have come in 83 matches at a rate of 0.696 catches per innings, second only to Dravid, who managed 0.698 catches per innings.
Out of these 100 catches, 46 have come at home. He has taken 23 catches against Sri Lanka, 19 against Australia and 18 against England.
Among currently active cricketers, Virat Kohli leads the charts with 109 catches in an equal number of matches with Rahane, who is currently second.
Rahane also holds the record for the most catches by a player in a single match, with eight catches in the 2015 Galle Test in Sri Lanka.
- Watch: Kuldeep Yadav - India’s spin wizard in prime form ahead of the 2023 ODI World Cup
- Asia Cup 2023: Gill ton in vain as Bangladesh beats India by 6 runs
- ENG vs NZ: Scorecard, match streaming updates; New Zealand needs 312 to win
- SA vs AUS, 4th ODI Scorecard, commentary and streaming updates
- Asia Cup 2023 most runs, wickets stats: Shubman Gill tops run-scorers list, Pathirana leading wicket-taker