Yashasvi Jaiswal grabbed four wickets before making an unbeaten 89 to star in India Under-19 team’s series-clinching eight wicket win over South Africa in the second Youth ODI at the Buffalo Park here on Saturday.
Jaiswal, who turned 18 on Saturday and also in India’s U-19 World Cup squad, gave himself a birthday gift by polishing off the tail with a four-wicket burst with his spin bowling, as the home side was bundled out for 119 in 29.5 overs.
Akash Singh, A.V. Ankolekar and Ravi Bishnoi also chipped in with two wickets each.
For South Africa, who suffered a batting collapse, one-down Jonathan Bird top-scored with a 25 while opener Andrew Louw made 24. Their six batsmen were dismissed for single-digit scores.
Chasing a paltry target of 120, Jaiswal, who was bought by Rajasthan Royals for Rs 2.4 crore in the recent IPL auction, struck 14 boundaries and three sixes in his 56-ball unbeaten knock.
Dhruv Jurel also remained not out on 26 as India chased down the target with 33.4 overs to spare, reaching 120 for 2 in 16.2 overs. Captain Priyam Garg was out for a duck.
The India U-19 team had beaten the South Africans by nine wickets in the first match here on Friday.
- Qatar Open: Czech teenager Mensik stuns top seed Rublev to reach maiden ATP semifinal
- PVL 2024: Ahmedabad Defenders and Chennai Blitz continue winning form with consecutive victories
- Dubai Championships 2024: Swiatek takes out Zheng, Cirstea saves six match points in quarterfinal win over Vondrousova
- Keep it simple and don’t try to overdo things: Harmanpreet’s mantra ahead of WPL opener against Capitals
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test LIVE Streaming Info: When and where to watch the fourth Test between India and England