After a run of poor performances by the Dutch club, Ajax has sacked its manager Maurice Steijn.
After a run of four league defeats Ajax is currently 17th in the Eredivisie league table and is third in the Europa League table.
Steijn, who joined Ajax in June on a three-year deal leaves the club in four months as its only league win came against promoted Heracles at the start of the campaign.
“Everyone who knows me knows I have done everything to take Ajax back to the place where this club belongs. But I failed to do so.”
“We came to the conclusion that this is what is best for Ajax, although I regret that,” Steijn told the club.
Ajax have five points from seven games and visits Brighton & Hove Albion in the Europa League on Thursday before its big league clash against leader PSV Eindhoven on Sunday.
- San Diego Open: Vekic, Yastremska advance to second round
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- WPL 2024: Struggling UP Warriorz eyes comeback against dominant Mumbai Indians
- Bopanna-Ebden, Yuki-Haase pairs advance, Nagal exits from Dubai Tennis C’ship