Carlo Ancelotti believes Bayern Munich will be even better in the second half of the Bundesliga campaign than before the mid-season break.
Bayern somewhat struggled to find its best form at first under Ancelotti as it fell behind surprise leader RB Leipzig, but the team found its groove in late November and racked up five successive victories to return to the summit.
And Ancelotti feels there is still more to come, the Italian setting his sights on the treble . "We are stronger [than before the season]," Ancelotti told the club's official website.
"We know each other better after six months working together. That is why I think the second half of the campaign will be better than the first. That will be very important to achieve the team's goals in all three competitions.
"Our expectations are to play better than we did in the first half of the season. We want to be up there until the end."
Bayern returns to competitive action on January 20 with a league trip to Freiburg.
- Yashasvi Jaiswal breaks into top-20 of ICC Test Rankings
- Hard-serving Ivo Karlovic officially announces his retirement from tennis
- World team table tennis c’ships: India men edge out Kazakhstan to enter Round of 16
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Take Bairstow out of firing line: Cook urges England to bench the out-of-form batter