Aston Villa’s France midfielder Boubacar Kamara suffered a “significant knee ligament injury” in Sunday’s Premier League home defeat by Manchester United, the club said.
The 24-year-old had a scan on Monday and his condition will be reviewed after further consultation with a knee specialist.
The Midlands club gave no further details but media reports indicated Kamara was likely to miss the rest of the season and this year’s European Championship in Germany.
Kamara was substituted in the 65th minute of the 2-1 loss to United at Villa Park.
Villa is fifth in the table, a point behind Tottenham Hotspur.
- RCB-W vs MI-W live score, WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore 13/0 (2); Smriti, Devine open the innings vs Mumbai Indians
- Delhi Open: Wong reaches final, Matuszewski-Romios duo wins doubles title
- Bengaluru FC vs Kerala Blasters LIVE score, BFC 0-0 KBFC ISL 2023-24: Bengaluru creating good chances
- Santosh Trophy: Mizoram seals remaining quarterfinal spot as defending champion Karnataka knocked out
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24, Semifinals: Shardul, Deshpande keep Mumbai ahead against Tamil Nadu on Day 1